GenZ’s TV consumption sits at just 53 minutes per day1 (compared to 3 hours per day spent on social media), meaning that advertisers, particularly those traditionally marketing via broadcast television, are having to rethink their approach to video advertising.
With the hashtag #tiktokmademebuyit having a staggering 49.7 BILLION1 views on TikTok, it’s easy to see where the future lies when it comes to embracing new technologies and advertising platforms.
If you’re moving away from traditional broadcasting marketing to focus on VOD display, how do you get your campaign to stand out amongst the 34 million2 daily videos posted?
- Use an agency that has experience with content creation for social and digital media (ahem, we know of one glorious agency based in Birmingham City Centre…)
- Know your audience and ensure content resonates with them
- Create moments that matter for your consumer – connect with them in a way that means something
- Make your content feel authentic – user-generated content is incredibly popular on social media
- Jump on trends – for example, the #GRWM hashtag has over 74 billion1 views on TikTok!
- TikTok isn’t just for teens – whilst almost 50% of TikTok users are under 30, 22% are in a 30-39 age bracket, and 20% 40-493. Don’t write off platforms based on your audience’s age.
- 38% of TikTok users surveyed are happy to be served ads in exchange for accessing free content3
If you want help creating a cut-through campaign on all social media channels, get in touch with us today.